Instant ramyun becomes an instant burger bun in this fun, and tasty spin on a traditional hamburger. Seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil
- 1 package ramyun noodles
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 tbsp of Canola or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp of Ketchup
- ½ tbsp of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 beef burger patty
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ cup of Arugula
1) Cook the ramyun according to the directions on the package (including the seasoning), then drain off the liquid. Let cool to room temperature. In a small mixing bowl, whisk 1 egg until no streaks of yolk remain. Add the ramyun, tossing thoroughly to coat with the egg. Divide the egg-dressed ramyun into two portions, and place each half into a ramekin.
2) Cover the ramyun with plastic wrap, and weigh it down with a can of soup to compress it into a bun shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3) Add the oil to a skillet, and set over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, unmold the ramyun buns into the pan, and cook until the bottom is a dark golden brown. Flip both of the patties, and cook until a dark golden brown on both sides.
4) Whisk together the sriracha and ketchup in a small bowl.
5) Season the hamburger patty with salt, pepper, a splash of soy sauce, and sesame oil. Wipe out the skillet, and cook the burger over medium-high heat until medium rare, or to your preferred degree of doneness. Finish with a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil. Top with a slice of cheese.
6) Wipe out the skillet, and lower the heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, and fry 1 egg sunny side up.
7) Assemble the burger in this order: ramyun bun, arugula, ketchup, burger patty (cheese side up), fried egg, scallions, and the second ramyun bun. Wrap in wax paper for easier eating, and serve hot.
Carbonara Stir-fried Shin Ramyun
@ Shin Ramyun In the Kitchen07/08/2016
Bacon, garlic, and onion cooked in a thick creamy sauce, then tossed with the acclaimed Shin noodles. The Recipe “This delectable, mouth watering combination of …
Shin (辛) Potato Sticks
@ Shin Ramyun In the Kitchen06/23/2016
Potatoes seasoned with the Shin noodles and parsley cooked to toasty perfection. The Recipe “The crunchy skin with the soft chewy potatoes will instantly melt …
Shin Ramyun Gratin
@ Shin Ramyun In the Kitchen06/19/2016
Gratin takes on a new twist with the flavorful noodle based addition The Recipe “Delicious layers of cheese, ham, and bell peppers with the savory …